The Next Generation of Precision Optics For Tactical and Competition Shooting
GREELEY, CO. (Jan. 2015) — Steiner, world leader in optics for military and law enforcement, introduces T5Xi precision riflescopes specifically designed for tactical and competitive shooting. The new T5Xi series features the patented Steiner Never-Lost™ turret with second rotation indication, which shows each mil of elevation through the indication window on the elevation turret. After the first revolution of 120 clicks, the mil numbers on the scale change automatically, preventing the shooter from getting lost on the dial. In addition, the T5Xi’s new SCR™ (Special Competition Reticle), is a clutter-free, precision reticle for extreme long-range shooting. For CQB and 3-gun scenarios, a new, daylight bright 3TR™ reticle features an easy-to-locate center dot and stadia lines to engage targets out to 600 meters. Calibrated in both 5.56 and 7.62, every T5Xi is built with the Steiner quality, performance and reliability standards the United States military has trusted for decades.
“During development we brought in top competitive shooters and tactical instructors to find out what they needed to be more successful,” says Tom Frane, VP of Sales, Marketing and Business Development. “Shooters and instructors were involved all the way from design to production. The T5Xi is the direct result of their input and refinement.”
The Steiner T5Xi line includes three models, each designed for a specific shooting situation: compact 1-5x24mm, mid-range 3-15x50mm and long-range 5-25x56mm.
The 1-5x24mm offers true, 1x low-end magnification for both-eyes-open shooting and situational awareness on a 3-gun course or the battlefield. Equipped with the new 3TR™ reticle, it’s ideal for precision competition shooting and easily handles close- to mid-range targets. The overall length makes it an excellent choice for patrol rifles and carbines.
The 3-15x50mm and 5-25x56mm is the perfect match for long-range precision competitive shooters. The versatility of the 5-times zoom makes it easy to range targets at 25x, and the wide field of view at 5x allows for quick target acquisition without tunneling. The SCR etched glass reticle is located in the first focal plane. It features an extended illumination area, 2/10-mil windage hold-off lines, 1/2-mil holdover lines, and 1/10-mil ranging brackets for precise distance ranging. These two models also feature the Never-Lost™ turret and low-profile knobs for windage, elevation and parallax adjustment.
- One-piece, oversized 30 mm and 34 mm tubes for strength and greater elevation and windage adjustment.
- 5X zoom range for versatility on the range or battlefield.
- Tapered magnification ring angled so power settings are visible while positioned behind the scope.
- Low-profile knobs with positive, audible click adjustments of windage, elevation, parallax and reticle illumination.
- Illuminated reticle with 4-night/7-day levels plus “off” between settings to prevent battery drain.
- Resettable turrets with hard stops at zero for accurate elevation and windage adjustment (3-15x, 5-25x).
- Unique Never-Lost™ Turret Second Rotation Indicator – after the first 120-click revolution, mil numbers on the scale change automatically to prevent shooter from getting lost on the dial (3-15x, 5-25x).
- Locking diopter set screw prevents accidental rotation.
- Fogproof, shockproof and waterproof to depths of 33 feet.
- Tenebraex® Lens Covers and a custom throw lever ($140 value) are free to customers who fill out an online product review.
T5Xi 1-5X24 is expected to ship early summer 2015.
T5Xi 3-15X50 and T5Xi 5-25X56 are in stock now at Coker Tactical.