As I searched for a replacement for my original Lumonix Navy SEAL watch (which finally died after years of very hard use) I came across the new ArmourLite Caliber Series watches and was impressed by the design. The good folks at ArmourLite sent me the AL601 model for review. I have worn it in a variety of situations over the past several months – hunting, fishing, and working on the ranch – and it is a keeper. Specifications according to ArmourLite:
- Movement: Swiss Ronda 515 Quartz
- Features: Date
- Crystal: Anti-reflective scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- Case Material: Polycarbonate
- Case Color: Black
- Case Diameter: 47mm
- Case Thickness: 10mm
- Crown: Push
- Bezel: Unidirectional
- Dial Color: Black & blue
- Hands Color: Black & blue
- Band Material: Nylon
- Band Color: Black with blue stitching
- Band Width: 24mm
- Band Clasp: Buckle
- Tritium Markers: Green & orange
- Water Resistance: 200 Meters (20 ATM)
- Battery: 45-months
- Warranty: 2 years
The only thing I did not like about the Lumonix was the band options – either a very hard rubber or an ugly velcro option (I actually replaced the band with an aftermarket metal link model). My ArmourLite shipped with a Nylon band that is good looking and comfortable. I noticed that ArmourLite now has rubber and stainless options (the stainless looks especially appealing).
The AL601 is the Blue model and it is very striking. There are also orange, yellow, and white accent models.
As you would expect, the Tritium markers are excellent and highly visible in all conditions. During the past month I have been hog hunting at midnight, stuck out in the bay in thick fog, and generally subjected the ArmourLite Caliber to demanding conditions – and it has come through perfectly.
Polycarbonate is tough and light, perfect for the outdoorsman. The watch is the perfect size for me. It is large, striking, but not bulky at all.
At a street price of $269 the ArmourLite Caliber deserves consideration.
ArmourLite Caliber AL601
Armourlite Caliber Series Tritium Watch in Blue
Latest posts by Mike Coker (see all)
- Trijicon RMR RM07 Type 2 Adjustable LED Optic Review - April 3, 2019
- 5 Great Rifle Scopes for Deer Hunting - October 18, 2018
- Hornady SUB-X 300 190gr Subsonic Blackout Ammunition - September 9, 2018