Consumer Review: Sig Sauer M400 AR15
I just bought a Sig Sauer M400 AR15 in 223 cal. I ran about a 100 rounds of mixed ammo – HP’s, SP’S, steel points – through it on my first outing. I rapid fired it from standing up and slow fired also.Not one hiccup in the firing. Recoil was neglibible and return point of aim was fast .
Gun is light weight, adjustable stock, flash hider, 30 rnd mag, chrome lined barrel, carrying detachable handle, flip up adjustable rear sight, aluminum receiver, impingement gas system with locking bolt, and hard case to name many features.
I am extremly pleased with this for my first AR15. Believe me I was looking for something wrong but it was a dream for trouble free shooting. Now to try it out with some power hp’s on hogs/coyotes when I get the chance. SO FAR SO GOOD!
From Sig Sauer:
THE SIG M400 SERIES TACTICAL RIFLE, designed for use in law enforcement, military operations, or the sporting field as well as competitive shooting. The SIG M400 is a true AR platform tactical rifle. Provides unparalleled accuracy, with a 16″ chrome-lined and phosphate coated barrel that provides maximum durability and corrosion resistance. A 7075-T6 aircraft grade aluminum forged lower receiver adds to the durability and reliability.
– Direct impingement gas operating system with rotating locking bolt
– 5.56 x 45 mm NATO Chrome-lined barrels with phosphate finish
– Accepts most M16 type magazines
– M16A2 Type flash supressor
– “F” marked fixed front sight
– Detachable carry handle M16A3 type rear sight
by: Sam Balsano
Latest posts by Consumer review (see all)
- A Treasure Trove of Handgun Ballistic Data - September 12, 2016
- Fin Super Gun Lubricant Review - September 12, 2016
- Streamlight 88031 2L ProTac Tactical Flashlight Review - September 12, 2016